Dental emergencies can be the reason for your nightmare. They have the potential to be life-threatening if not handled properly. The major factor which makes dental emergencies so difficult to deal with is the suddenness of the situation. As you might have figured out from the title, in this blog we are going to discuss the different types of dental emergencies and also lay some focus on letting you know about the effective ways to handle the situation. So, without any further delay, let us start delving into the topic. Go through the section below and find an answer to all the questions related to dental emergencies.
Types of Dental Emergencies
- Serious mouth injury – Teeth loss is very common if you get involved in any sort of serious mouth injury. You should never keep the idea of consulting an emergency dentist at bay in such situations. Always visit a dental clinic offering quality emergency services as early as possible. It is necessary to check if you have a broken jaw. Ignoring such problems for a long span can be the reason for serious dental problems in the future.
- Knocked-out tooth – A tooth falling off is also considered a dental emergency. In such situations, do not panic as the tooth can be easily saved if you act properly. The first step should be picking up the tooth which has fallen off. Try to avoid touching the roots while picking up the tooth. Then, re-insert the tooth back into the socket immediately. If you are unable to do it, pick up the tooth by the crown and put it in a glass of milk. Make sure to visit an emergency dentist within a span of 30 minutes.
- Abscessed gums – Most people make the mistake of thinking abscess to be pimples on their gums. Do not fall in that group. Ignoring it for a while or popping the abscess can be the reason for critical issues. An abscess is generally caused due to an infection in your gums and teeth. Therefore, try to execute steps such as flossing and brushing to avoid the chances of suffering from any sort of infection. Do not forget to consult an emergency dentist to know how to deal with the problem.
- Broken teeth – One or multiple teeth getting broken is not a very big problem in today’s time. The reason behind it is pretty simple. Advancement in the field of modern dentistry has led to the emergence of several teeth replacement options. There is nothing to worry about if the broken piece is a slight chip. Consult a dentist if the broken piece is large.
- Tremendous bleeding – Bleeding from your teeth or gums due to an accident or serious injury is also considered to be a dental emergency. It is essential to contact a dentist if the bleeding doesn’t stop for a while.
We hope that you have now gained an idea about the different types of dental emergencies. Contact FLOSS Dental – Dentist Magnolia if you’re looking for the best emergency dental treatment in Magnolia, TX. Our team of dentist and trained professionals are capable of dealing with critical emergencies and provide the necessary treatment. Call us for any further updates.